Monday, October 10, 2016

Book Tour - Rex




Title: Rex

Author: Rita Stradling

Genre: YA Fantasy



In seventeen year old Dakota Kekoa’s line of work, a job can go bad in a split second.

And when a job goes bad, people die.

Suspended from working as a tax collector in her draconic family’s protection racket, Dakota is assigned a secret mission from her grandfather. A foreign queen has offered a grave insult to Dakota’s grandfather by running a vampire dinner cruise off the coast of the Mabiian Islands, and his retribution must be swift.

Yet, when Dakota infiltrates the ship ‘Crimson Sunset’, nothing is at it seems. In a split second, not only is Dakota in deathly peril, all of New Anglo is on the road to war.



Author Bio


Rita Stradling is the author of The Deception Dance series, the Dakota Kekoa series and The Fourteen Day Soul Detox Serial. She has a BA in Art History and a particular love for modern and medieval art.

Rita lives with her husband and son in Northern California.

She has an insatiable novel addiction and mostly reads young adult and adult: romance, paranormal, urban fantasy and high fantasy.


“What is your name?” Harrison asked me, drawing my attention back to him.

I gave him a small smile. “Does it matter?”

“Yes, I’d like to know.”

“You like your regional cuisine to have a name?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

His jaw clenched. “My brother is an idiot. I don’t feel the same way about humans as he does.”

As Harrison stepped closer, I felt my heartbeat quicken. I should be talking him out of biting me. I should be telling him I have some horrible communicable disease. I should be pulling out my gun. Instead, I was staring at his mouth, curious about how it would feel to have his fangs puncture my neck.

It would be a bold move, bold enough that perhaps Wyvern would dissolve the contract.

Harrison’s chest was inches from mine and I knew that this was the moment for me to voice an objection. There were about a thousand reasons why I should do everything in my power to stop him.

Yet, ever since that moment I broke things off with Wyvern, I’d felt lost, so much more alone than I’d ever been before Wyvern blasted through my life. For the first time in a long time, standing here in this very dangerous situation with this very dangerous stranger, I didn’t feel lonely.

Harrison’s hands touched my arms and gently moved up and down. “You’re shivering, are you cold?”

“No,” I whispered, looking up at him.

“Tell me your name.” His gaze again moved over m
y face slowly.

“I don’t want to have a name right now, please.” My heart picked up speed as he leaned in.

Adrenaline and a dangerous curiosity pumped through me from my stomach and I let my head fall to the side just slightly, showing him my neck.

Harrison’s canines lengthened as his head moved forward.  


No comments:

Post a Comment